is a little emotional and overwhelming at times:/
But I don't want out.
Not when over 400,000 children are in foster care right now
and over 100,000 of them need a forever home today.
No, I'm pretty sure that I am in this for the long haul.
I need to let it all out.
So, I vent.
I read my Bible.
I clean and declutter.
I look up inspirational quotes.
I read foster and adoption blogs and books.
I find ridiculous tasks to do around the house like sharpening all of our colored pencils and organizing the silverware.
Today, it was rearranging bedrooms, drinking more coffee than I needed,
and eating chocolate.
Chocolate helps a lot.
These no-bake peanut butter chocolate bars helped a whole lot.
Thank you, M. for seeing that your mama really, really needed these this week!
M. made a couple of minor changes...
It was sooo easy and called for just a few ingredients:
- 1/2 cup sweet cream butter, melted
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs. You can use gluten free graham crackers:)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup + 2 Tablespoons crunchy peanut butter (separated)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Line a 8x8 or 9x9 square baking pan with aluminum foil. Set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix the melted butter, graham cracker crumbs, and powdered sugar together until combined. Stir in 3/4 cup of peanut butter. Spread into prepared baking pan.
- In a small saucepan, melt 2 Tablespoons of peanut butter with the chocolate chips until melted. Stir until smooth. Spread over peanut butter layer.
- Chill until completely firm. Enjoy!