has not been easy
because life with preschoolers
But there are so many moments of joy
in each day...
if we take the time to notice.
One thing this busy group of three has taught us
is that every moment of every day with them is precious-
even the loud, messy, and chaotic moments:)
1. Getting the hang of taking turns and playing simple games together;)
2.-3. How cool is it to have a big sis who can draw all of your coloring pages for you?! Little Miss requested a horse, so A. is drawing one for her:)
4. M. is saving up for a ukelele, and I am benefiting from all of her labor!
5. Best cherry pies ever...thanks, Carol!!
6. I love these books for our littles. Sweet lift the flap books that assure them that God knows everything about them and is always with them. They need to hear that message!
7. A monumental morning for us...the littlest one is starting to enjoy quiet play on her own while we read or work at the table!
8. Every day the kiddos go on a scavenger hunt in search of their hearts. Each heart has a personal message or words of affirmation for each of the kiddos. It was supposed to be just for the days leading up to Valentine's Day, but we are still at it;)
9. M. is practicing guitar in her room...formerly the attic and now a cool room and hang out space for the older girls. I'm working on taking pics of the house to share, especially the rooms that have been remodeled recently, but not today... my camera battery died:(
The rest of the week-
Lots of laid back, following their lead learning for the older girls and teachable moments for the younger crew:
Horse, bunny, and chickens to care for,
Drawing, art journaling, and/or lettering (oldest three girls),
Sign language (oldest three),
Writing (M.'s writing her autobiography;),
Olympic unit study (both older girls),
Practical math (M.'s budgeting and saving for the ukelele, while A.'s managing the egg business),
Reading and listening to audio books,
Amelia Earhart bios (M.),
Piano and guitar lessons (A. does piano, M. does both)
College gymnastics (oldest three),
Photography (A. & M.)
and plenty more that I am forgetting, I'm sure!
Linking up here:)