in the process of
with our new additions
but it's a wonderful life!
Growth and change can be painful at times but...
we are keeping some old traditions and forging new traditions for the holiday season.
We are also doing our best to maintain our relaxed schedule and interest led lifestyle.
Some days that is more of a challenge than others!
But we are ever so slowly getting the hang of it...
I say on day four of trying to finish this blog post (haha;)
I'm seeing that there's very little down time with three preschoolers in the house!
3. The older girls created gifts of artwork, handmade cards, photos, and brownies in a jar for family and friends. I helped with the shopping (based on their list) but they did the rest. Real life learning at its best!
4. Our cat has never had so much attention in his entire life. The good news is that he's handling it well;)
5. Blessed beyond measure by the outpouring of gifts for the new additions to our family...we are so grateful!
6. Every year around Christmas, we have an auction at church to raise money for missions. This year, Hutch won the bid on this cherry cheesecake...and the option to special order a pie each month! Yum! We are already planing January's pie:)
7. Big kid time...Starbucks and B&N with no preschoolers in sight;) Of course, we ended up missing them terribly and getting them a treat, but the point is we got out by ourselves and had "school" at the bookstore.
8. Hearing the Christmas story from a three year old's perspective is the sweetest thing you will ever hear! We've spent a lot of time talking about the reason we celebrate. And the questions they ask! "Was Jesus borned a long time ago when you was a baby?"
"Can Jesus touch the moon?" "Are Jesus and Santa Claus friends?"
9. Teachable moments...these fridge letters are a source of much learning throughout the day:)
10. We read The Three Little Pigs every single day...sometime multiple times a day. It never gets old to them. We read lots of other books too but this is the number one requested book from all three of the littles. I tried to hide it the other day, but I felt guilty and put it back on the bookshelf;)
11.-12. It's no wonder that our tree has been knocked over already. It gets a lot of attention every day!
It's a wonderful life...
Wishing you and yours a blessed Christmas!