This week, we let learning unfold naturally as we...
Visited my mom
Watched a couple of episodes of Undercover Boss at Mimi's House
Worked on American Girl crafts
Read Hattie Big Sky, by Kirby Larson (A.)
Read My Life with the Chimpanzees, by Jane Goodall (M.)
(M. also got out every nonfiction book she could find about horses, and read through them one night in front of the fire...a lot of question asking and answering:)
Created Valentine crafts and cards
Worked on Pet Shop Math and a little advertising for their pet shops
watched Episodes of How It's Made on Netflix
Built with legos
Made crafts from boxes:)
Visited the library
Read from the History of Medicine (A.)
While M. re-read Pie (M.) to see which pies she needs to bake in order to finish her Pie project:)
Watched a little BrainPop and took a few of the quizzes
Tracked the winter weather headed for our friends in the northeast
Played lots of What's the Word? , one of our favorite new (and free) apps
Continued an interest in space
and decided to learn more about Australia and New Zealand after watching a friend's family vacation travels video:)
Helped a friend create a Civil War diorama and learned a little about Mississippi state history
Explored a new (and free) video app, Foto Slides
Packed and delivered Valentine treat bags to the Emergency Children's Shelter (some of our church family brought dinner for the houseparents and children at the shelter). We played games like Valentine Bingo with the kids and enjoyed getting to know them. Our hearts and prayers go out to these little ones, and we hope to continue volunteering with them. We are already making plans to go back in a couple of weeks:)
And we drew names to see who won a free paperback copy of Just Plain Nora!
The winners are:
Yay! If you will email me your mailing address, I'll get your book in the mail to you:)
2. A.'s Valentine cards for her friends
3. I leave the girls "mail" in their boxes every day from Feb. 1st to the 14th. It's our fun February tradition:)
4. Packing treat bags for the Children's Shelter. The amazing ladies at our church donated way more goodies than we could ever pack into our treat bags...we saved some for our next trip to the shelter!
5. Trying to complete my sentence-a-day journal!
6. Setting up the Civil War battle scene
2. A.'s valentine mail box
3. Love these Valentine Mad Libs...the funniest way we know to work on parts of speech
4. M. cut her wrist when she fell while rollerblading, but she was brave and we all ended up with a lesson in safety and first aid.
5. M. serving dinner at the Children's Shelter
6. Two favorite books from the week:) I remember reading every single Trixie Belden book when I was younger. Hoping the girls enjoy them as much as I did:)
How was your week?
Linking up with friends today...hope you'll join us!