We don't follow a set curriculum.
But I love it when things come together:)
We've been reading about Italy,
which led us to a bio on Leonardo da Vinci,
which led us to read about inventors, painters, and sculptors.
We followed that interest to an art museum in Fort Worth
and a science museum in Dallas a couple of weeks ago.
That's where we came across this space exhibit.
We came back home and checked out a few library books on space,
watched this cool video tour of the International Space Station,
and continued reading our bio of Leonardo da Vinci.
The girls were really interested in his drawings,
so there has been a lot of drawing by both
and at least one invention created by M. this week:)
A. also worked on photographing shadows,
which led us to a kit of light experiments.
We ended up here this morning...
Reading about lasers and how Mona Lisa went to space this week.
I just love it when things come together.
And I love interest led learning:)
1. A.'s been working on cartooning skills. She's been reading Calvin and Hobbes too (one of my faves:)
2. We played math games...this one is Zoom, a pretty fun card game.
3. The girls drew house plans. I think they inherited my love for house plans:)
4. M. studying horses:)
5. A new game...love it! A fun way to build vocabulary for all (even Mom and Dad;)
6. Love some Trivial Pursuit family
7. A little wii fit anyone?! I've committed to thirty minutes a day when the weather is too cold to get outside and walk or run.
8. Science Wiz Light Experiments kit, by Penny Norman- a cool hands-on learning kit. We used the Chemistry kit a couple of years ago and enjoyed it.
9. One of A.'s shadow pics
10. I posted about Time yesterday:)
11. This is my table by the end of the week...and we even cleaned it off a couple of times already. Oh, well!